ECCENTRIC BOTTOM TAPPING (EBT) device is fitted with refractory on to the electric arc furnace. EBT filling mass is a selected refractory mass, which seals the refractory hole of EBT device during refining of steel in the arc furnace
METAFILL SP - I", the EBT filling mass has the following advantages:
- It doesnt fuse during Steel melting process.
- It has non-wetability property throughout melting operation
- It doesn't allow the liquid to pass through.
- It has easy smooth free fall on tapping.
- The particles of Metafill remain free & non sticky during the operation.
- It doesn't have any chemical reaction with EBT basic refractory.
- It doesnt cause any type of erosion of EBT refractories.
- Before using METAFILL SP-I, the EBT should be totally cleaned.
- The slag pieces if any should be particularly removed from the EBT it should be cleaned preferably with oxygen.
- METAFILL SP-I should be filled in pyramid fashion, or in dome shape.
- After the EBT is filled with METAFILL SP-I, the Gunning material which comes over there should also be cleaned.
- When the hot metal is charged from the back, the METAFILL SP-I gives best of results.
- The Tapping Temperature also plays an important role for success of the product.
- The material of the grain size of 03-06 mm with special uniform Graphite coating is packed in 25/50 kgs. HDPE woven sack.